The City exists to help all people be with Jesus, become like Jesus and do the works of Jesus in our city. We believe that the church’s primary mission is to make disciples and that discipleship involves a whole life reorientation toward being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus and doing what He did. We believe regardless of age or stage of life; we have all been invited into such a lifestyle that we may experience the promise of scripture of “life in all its fullness” and our city blessed and renewed.
We are seeking a full-time Operations Director to oversee and manage the daily operations and administrative functions of The City. This person should have strong communication and organization skills, as well as volunteer development experience both technically and spiritually.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about facilitating efficient functioning of various church departments, supporting the pastoral staff, and facilitating the growth and development of the church community. A Biblical example is the calling of the Seven in Acts 6. They overlooked the daily distribution of food such that the Twelve did not “neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables.” The secular analogy would be a startup hiring its first chief operating officer.
The Operations Director’s job is to serve the Lead Pastor in such a way that gives latitude to his strengths (“prayer and the ministry of the word”) by leading the execution and operations of the church. The Operations Director will oversee, develop, and organize the organization arm of the staff and be responsible for developing the structures and strategies the church needs to mature and flourish organizationally.
- Overseeing the smooth operational running, development, and communications of Sunday services & events.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and ongoing development of excellent systems and processes to support the growth of the ministries and staff structure.
- Develop and implement effective administrative policies and procedures to streamline operations.
- Develop and implement volunteer management strategies to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitor and manage church finances, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Collaborate with church leaders to develop financial strategies and ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Overall responsibility for premises and facilities ensuring the site is maintained to a high standard.
- Oversee facilities, insurance, health and safety and risk management.
- Manage church databases, records, and filing systems, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Manage church inventory, supplies, and contracts for services.
- Facilitate effective communication between church staff, members, and external stakeholders.
- Living within character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. business administration, management etc.) preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in operations management, administration, or a similar role.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in using technology, including church management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of financial management and budgeting principles.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Please contact The City Church directly at email@example.com for more information.