Job Location: Central
Department: General Secretary’s Office (GSO)
Reports To: General Secretary’s Office Manager/Director
The Bible Society of Singapore is seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our team. As part of the General Secretary’s Office, the successful candidate will provide broad-spectrum support to the General Secretary/CEO and the Bible Society. This includes various communications and liaison functions, capability development, administrative support, community relations, governance and compliance, as well as supporting other special projects and initiatives as required.
The candidate will have the opportunity to put his/her gift to good use and serve in one of Singapore’s oldest Christian mission agencies. He/she will also have the opportunity to work closely with senior management to contribute towards the growth and success of the Bible Society and further advance our mission. If you are passionate about serving in a mission organisation, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the skills to excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide general administrative support to the General Secretary/CEO and the Bible Society, including organising meetings and preparing reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively track, file, archive and retrieve key business information for future reference, including contracts and business documents.
- Represent the Bible Society on behalf of the General Secretary/CEO when relating to external agencies and strategic partners.
- Prepare and disseminate critical information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with all internal departments and coordinate activities to ensure activities meet the objectives of the Bible Society.
- Monitor the progress of key assignments as directed by the General Secretary/CEO, following up with relevant parties when necessary.
- Coordinate internal processes involving other business units for customer inquiries, reviews, evaluations and escalations, not limited to implementing new processes and documentation to improve workflow, governance, and compliance, including compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
- Support the production and administrative work required for GSO and Society-wide projects, both in organisation and execution.
- Manage the volunteers’ and internship programme – Sowers-in-Action (SIA).
- Engage in outreach and community relations activities with churches and other Christian organisations, including establishing local SIA chapters.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Secretary/CEO.
- Diploma or Degree holder in any relevant disciplines
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable with formal business writing
- Highly motivated and teachable, willing to accept and adapt to challenges
- Ability to communicate with a wide spectrum of people across all levels of seniority
- Self-starter with a good eye for detail and a strong ability to multi-task
- A good team player who is responsible and positive, able to work under tight deadlines
- Organised and possessing good analytical skills
- Possess a high level of discretion and integrity
- Excellent command in Microsoft Office competencies preferred
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin an advantage
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
Interested candidates, please apply by writing in to email@example.com with the following:
- Recent photo
- Complete resume with detailed education and work experience
- Current and Expected remuneration
- Date of availability
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.