Bethesda Cathedral – an independent and charismatic church located at the heartland of Chai Chee, is looking for a dedicated and energetic individual to be part of our team! Join us!
As the Children’s Ministry (CM) Pastor serves with a special focus on the Children’s Ministry, overseeing the spiritual and holistic development of children. In working with the Generation Pastor and relevant parties, the CM pastor should develop a clear vision on ministry to children. Main responsibilities include the review and development of the Sunday School curriculum as well as recruiting, training and providing spiritual support to the Sunday School team, in order for the ministry to faithfully teach the bible and exemplify Christ-likeness. The CM role reports to the Generation Pastor (GP).
- Develop and sustain a children’s ministry curriculum that is biblically grounded, theologically sound, and pedagogically effective; that seeks to nurture faith and impart biblical truths to children from infancy to early youth.
- Provide spiritual leadership and pastoral support to the Sunday School (SS) Ministry Team, consisting of the SS Core Committee, teachers, assistants and worship teams.
- Plan and effect the children’s ministry work plan for each ministry year.
- Recruit, train, develop and equip SS teachers to become effective teachers of the Bible, and exemplary role models of Christian faith to the children. • Oversee the delivery of Children’s Messages at the sanctuary on scheduled Sunday worship services.
- Partner parents in the spiritual development of their children by providing devotional resources and spiritual education to parents for nurturing their children in home/family life settings.
General Pastoral and Other Duties:
- Take part in the effort to build a disciple-making community by mobilizing and equipping church members and leaders, especially in the context of serving in assigned small groups along with other leaders.
- Attend and participate in weekly pastoral staff prayer and administrative meetings.
- Preach and participate in the Sunday worship services as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- To share in pastoral care and support in various task as may be assigned by the Senior Pastor, including visitation, bereavement ministry, membership classes, marriage preparation, hospital visits, counselling as necessary.
- Serve as part of the pastoral team to carry out any tasks/projects as assigned by the Senior Pastor, including writing pastoral messages and prayer points.
- As part of the pastoral team, be available to teach in various settings, including membership classes and youth services.
- Attend or carry out any duties as assigned at both services each Sunday. You are also expected to attend all church-wide events and meetings, including weekly prayer meeting, annual church camp, church outreach events and other congregational fellowship events.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- The candidate must has a heart for children and a desire for their Christian education.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively as part of a ministry team with other pastoral staffs/ members and lay ministry leaders.
- Theologically trained is an advantage.
- Relevant experience in Children Ministry is an advantage.
If you are interested in any of the positions, please kindly complete the Application Form and email it to us with your detailed resume to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you and God Bless.