The main weekend service serves as a central experience of church life. It involves everyone – volunteers, church members, first-time visitors, pastors and leaders – coming together to worship God and care for one another.
If you’re keen to observe how other APCCS churches organise their weekend services, you’re welcome to drop us a line! We can help arrange a visit to a complementary church so that you can adapt ideas to serve your church community.
What you can observe:
- Behind-the-scenes logistics for a worship service
- Welcoming worshippers to church (the roles of ushers, guest central team)
- Main service format and flow
- Implementing MCCY’s Phase 3 guidelines in relation to service flow, zoning, managing flow of worshippers according to guidelines, pick-up and drop-off kids at Sunday School
Sample Itinerary (1.5 hours)
- 4.30 pm Tour of facilities and introduction
- 4.55 pm Proceed to main auditorium
- 5.00 pm Service starts
- 5.30 pm Exit to see Children’s Church / Sunday School
- 5.45 pm Back to auditorium to observe dismissal
(The itinerary above assumes a 5pm worship service start on a Saturday. Timing and itinerary can be customised.)