Mon 24 Aug 2020 | 8pm | Online
Free for APCCS members / S$15 per non-member participant
About this session
What makes up the framework of a healthy worship ministry behind the scenes? And how do you “build” a worship ministry so that logistical concerns don’t take time away from your focus on spiritual matters?
In this 2-hour session designed for worship ministry overseers, former worship ministry director Mervin John sets up a framework and overview of what goes into developing anointed worship bands against the backdrop of a growing worship ministry as a whole.
Here are some pillars to build the ministry around:
- Team Development Strategies
- Effective Weekend Execution
- Worship Design & Songlist
- Equipment & Technology
- Administration Development
- Backend Infrastructure Development
- Leadership Development
We’ll take some time to look into each pillar and then end off with a Q&A.
About Mervin John
An accountant by qualification, Mervin answered the call to full-time ministry straight after university & Hillsong International Leadership College (majoring in worship & creative arts). Over the last 14 years, he has served as ::
- Full-time worship ministry staff for 12 years. Served in capacity of worship pastor, creative director, music director, worship leader, musician, songwriter and producer.
- Music Director & Electric Guitarist in major local initiatives like Festival of Praise and JDOP 2015, amongst many others.
- Electric Guitarist at Hillsong Church Sydney.
As of 2019, Mervin currently works as a consultant & advisor tocontemporary worship committees and their ministries in Singapore across denominations. His passion is to see worship ministries thrive in their mission to lead congregations into the presence of God via the rapidly evolving world of contemporary music.
Sign up details
Simply WhatsApp +65 8893 1450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, church, role in church, email address and contact number.